- Transportation Handbook from California: Strengthening academic and career skills
Transportation Handbook from California PDF
- Exploring Career Clusters : A modular, hands-on approach to career exploration by Career Clusters. This link will take you to transportation career development activities developed by Missouri which focus on Transportation Operations and Warehousing and Distribution Center Operation.
- Institute of Transportation Engineers Transportation Education Council. A Recruitment Toolbox that includes exercises targeted for K-12 grade levels:
- Career Clusters -> TDL Career Cluster
- On-line transportation magazine for teens, It is developed by the Center for Transportation Research and Education (CTRE) at Iowa State University:
- US Department of Transportation website:
- Aviation Resources: The Occupational Outlook Quarterly, Fall 2009, “Metrology Careers” PDF article could become the basis for a precision measuring activity.
- The Smithsonian has produced an activity regarding biology investigation. “Aviation ornithology” activity which has a case study to investigate whether a birds strike occurred.
Profile of the author: http://audubonmagazine.org/features0905/solutions-webExclusives.html
- The Federal Aviation Authority’s “Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge” Chapter 1, explains bird anatomy relative to humans and why it helps enable flight. For a FAA handbook’s table of contents go to: